Tuesday, May 5

Ranting Loves Company

I know it, and you know it.

We all have things we whine about. Sometimes to excess. Hey, we're human.

The driver in front of you. The idiotic cashier. The thoughtless spouse. The friend who never looks up from her Blackberry. Your meddling sister-in-law. The person shouting on their cell phone. You know, any one who doesn't have the good sense to think or behave like US.

And sometimes, doesn't it just seem like you can't tell enough people because if you could tell more people then they would all agree with you that this is just completely outrageous and then they would join you in starting a revolt and together you would change the world or at the very least make damn sure that that stupid or inconsiderate person would never do anything that outrageous again and wouldn't that be about damn time? Well, it does to me.

And that's why I'm grateful to two women who started a blog specifically for this purpose. They not only post their own whines, but they post others' too! The name of the site (named because, if absolutely necessary, one can post anonymously) is, appropriately, Secret Spineless Whine.
Check it out. You'll laugh your ass off, or at the very least, feel in very good company.

And today, I'm especially grateful, because, for the first time, they published my whine about a certain CNN reporter. You can be grateful, too--that I sent it there instead of posting it here, even though it is, indeed, something I don't get.

Community is key. No matter how we get it.

3 comments:

The Devil's Daughter-In-Law said...

I couldn't agree more. Misery loves company, indeed.

Marinka said...

Aww, thank you. And I puffy heart loved your whine. Of course my puffy heart has perfectly styled hair!
;)

ConverseMomma said...

I love this site. I actually posted there awhile back about my neighbors unfortunate camel-toe creating attire. Ha!