Tuesday, June 9

Fail

I'm a bit of a slow learner.

For instance, I don't know when to stop. I mean, I know when to stop for me, but my stopping place is so much further out than other people. Way out there where there's no mail delivery. That's all I'm gonna say about that, except to say that the other side of the same coin is some version of persistence that I realize may be more like beating a dead horse than it is about slaving over a bunsen burner in the interest of discovering a cure for cancer. Ya know?

It has to do with my transplant failure.

Wow, I can see your eyebrows raised from here. No, I didn't get a transplant and not tell you. I moved. A long time ago. A really long time ago, which in dog years is about three days ago, which in some ways is exactly what it feels like, so maybe I'm a dog. Except I don't think so.

I really don't want to be a complainer, a whiner (except on Secret Spineless Whine, which is just cool), a ne'er do well. Oh, wait a minute. I take it back. I've always wanted to be a ne'er do well, just so that I could use that name--ne'er do well. It's almost as good as hooligan. But the other two I don't want to be, I know that much.
There are stories I cannot tell without defeating myself in the very telling. Or maybe that's too much ownership. Maybe there are things that will never be understood.

(don't you just love passive voice? it's such a cop-out. I love it).

It's like explaining color to someone who has been blind from birth. How do you do that?

Here's the question for the ages. One of the ones that I have never gotten. And just possibly, one of my own personal little synaptic gaps.

What do you do when something bothers you (yeah, if you're one of those happy-go-lucky clicking-your-heels-in-the-air-on-the-beach people, you can stop reading here) and the act of sharing that or attempting to problem solve with someone--or anyone--reliably produces more of the same behavior?

Any and all genius (or even mediocre) suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Mediocre answer: it depends on whether or not you can live without resolving the issue. If you can't, it may be time to move on.

Where do you really want to be?