Friday, February 27

Nablopomo

There are those of you out there--you know who you are--who think I am doing it just for the name.  Nablopomo.  Okay, it is a cool name.  I like it's cousin, Nanowrimo, just about as much.  And I've failed just about as miserably in my relationship with each of them, so there's no jealousy involved, which is good.

You may have noticed that I changed the Nablopomo graphic on the left side of the screen.  It did say that I was going to blog every day during February.  Stop laughing--intention is a big part of life. I had the idea, I had the motivation, I had the drive.  It lasted for two days.  February 1st and February 2nd.  Now it's February 27, and I'm back.  Hi!!  I'm thinking it it doesn't really count if you post for two days at the beginning of the month and then two days at the end of the month, but let's pretend it does, okay?  (I love pretending). 

So about that graphic.  I changed it.  Because I'm trying again.  I'm going to try to blog every day in March.  We'll see how I do.  It won't take much to do better than February.  I know, I can hear you muttering it under your breath.  You're right.  I set the bar low.  I like it that way.
Because I'm so up for it, I'm starting my March blogging in February!   Ah, the motivation runs high in these parts.

In any case, stay tuned.  I don't know why it's so hard to keep up.  Maybe it's the fact that I haven't had much sleep recently, and when it comes down to it, I sometimes have chosen sleep over blogging (sometimes involuntarily!).  It's not like I'm at a loss for things to say.  

A friend of mine, Jane, turned me on to this via Facebook, even though she doesn't know that she did that (Hi, Jane!).  She did it for February--I am so impressed. Check out her blog..."Bonbons and bon mots" for some great writing and some yummy chocolate recipes (but don't drool on your keyboard!).  It was interesting to watch--I could see how there was a "wall" of sorts about 2/3 of the way through, where she was wondering what to write about.  I wonder if that will happen to me.  I bet it does.  

As for today, I am stretching, getting limber for the long road ahead.  Reminding myself that March is an even bigger challenge than February, since it has more days.  Reminding myself that the writing in itself will be good for me, even when (especially when?) I don' t have much to say.  We'll see.  

As for today, I'm wondering about Nadia Suleman who had eight babies.  I am wondering about the six children she already has.  I'm wondering how this is all going to unfold, and whether there is ever a point at which people will be able to remember that babies are people.  (Hell yeah, I read People magazine).    I'm wondering about the plot of the new ICarly, my daughter's favorite show, and wondering how they could think that matching set of characters looks like the "real" characters.  I'm wondering about a lot of things, but I'm going to stop there.  I have to save some of the good stuff for March!

No comments: